Hi There Campus Ambassadors

Ryan Rix ry at n.rix.si
Sat Jul 3 14:52:08 UTC 2010

Hi Remy!

Sorry I have been travelling and only recently catching up with e-mail

On Tue 29 June 2010 9:54:37 pm Remy DeCausemaker wrote:
> My name is Remy DeCausemaker, and I'm a new member of the Campus
> Ambassadors list. I've been lurking around Fedora-land for about 5 years
> now, in an increasingly involved fashion each year. I've attended the last
> 3 FUDcons in Toronto and Boston, and spend a lot of time powowing with
> Luke Macken and Mel Chua (who is probably a real ninja.)

Wonderful :) I've seen you around a little bit, but had no knowledge of your
campus ambassadors interests! Are you a student, still, or an instructor at
RIT?

> I am the Resident Hacktivist at Rochester Institute of Technology, and we
> run the FOSS at RIT campaign with the Lab for Technological Literacy and the
> Center for Student Innovation (http://foss.rit.edu). We just hosted FOSScon
> here on campus (http://fosscon.org), and will be hosting again next year as
> well. RIT also just had it's first POSSE (
> http://teachingopensource.org/index.php/POSSE_RIT) which was one of the
> largest yet!

Yes, yes, I've been jealously watching you RIT-folks kick some SERIOUS butt.
:) Your campus is a prime example of what we'd like to see campus ambassadors
start forming on ALL of their campuses.

> I'm new to the list, so I want to be sure to be "in the loop" as far as
> normal IRC meetings for ambassadors, and a way to help all of you (fellow
> ambassadors) advertise your events, and tell your stories to the community.

Wonderful! I am sure that you have seen our wiki page[1] so you know roughly
what is going on. Right now there are no meetings scheduled, but this may be
as good a time as any to begin planning meetings. :) Right now, there is
really not infrastructure behind CampusAmb right now, though with a few
helping hands (*nudge* *nudge* ;) ) it should be fairly easy to lay those
foundations.

Feedback on available times for weekly or biweekly Campus Ambassadors
meetings? :)

> Looking forward,
> --RemyD.

Best!