I signed up to be a Campus Ambassador, what do I do next ?

Qi Yang Er erqiyang at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 14:21:37 UTC 2010

Hi,

I joined the Campus Ambassador last year (mainly because I am still a
student in my final year and hopefully can contribute to my school's
community). I understand that it's still in the organisational phase and
what appears to me to be lots of doubt about it's programme.

Nonetheless, I hope I am able to contribute something to this project (while
I am still a student).

I know that you guys meet up in IRC, but I recall the last meeting was held
way past midnight (at my local time). Hence, I realise that I might not be
able to join in the meeting.

Still, I hope to see the campus ambassador programme take flight and reach
out to more student. :-)

2010/3/2 Ryan Rix <ry at n.rix.si>

> On Tue 2 March 2010 4:48:14 am sankarshan wrote:
> > To all those who have signed up to be a Campus Ambassador and, are on
> > this list - welcome.
> >
> > Now that you have gone ahead and volunteered to be a Campus
> > Ambassador, the obvious question is what do you do next ?
> >
> > Caveat - Max (Spevack) and Mel (Chua) volunteer their time for this
> > program and, at any rate they would be pointing out the next steps.
> > Meanwhile, do please ensure that the following is complete:
>
> Hi sankarshan,
>
> Thanks for your interest in joining the campus ambassador group!
>
> We are currently working on putting together just what the group is, the
> methods folks go through to join the group, what they are responsible for
> once
> they join, the mentor process, etc.
> Optimally we should call a meeting within the next week or so, but I don't
> know what Bert and the rest of the campusamb team's schedule is like, at
> the
> moment. Bert Desmit and I tried a week or so ago, but no one showed up.
> Feel
> free to stop by #fedora-campusamb on irc.freenode.net :-)
>
> > * You have introduced yourself to the list
> > * You have an User page on the wiki
> > * You have read up <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Campus_Ambassadors>
> >
> > and, more importantly, you have taken time to read
> > <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Foundations>
> >
> > That should get you up to speed with stuff while you request for a
> mentor.
>
> Sounds about right; like I said, we've recently reformed this group and are
> still in the organizational phase, so a little patience while we iron out
> the
> full details is much appreciated. :)
>
> Best,
> Ryan Rix