RFC : Re-structuring Campus-Am team

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Tue May 1 04:08:39 UTC 2012

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 8:12 PM, Buddhike Kurera
<bckurera at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hello Folks,
>
> Following is my proposal[1] composed some time ago to re-shape
> the Campus-Am program. However I am presenting it now for comments.
>
> Since there is no activity around this group and since there is a
> need to have such a group which is described in the proposal I
> think Campus-Am group can cater the requirement.

Yeah, it is sad that what seemed like such a great idea has failed to
take hold so many times now. Making it easier and more rewarding for
students at all levels of education to become involved with Fedora and
to share Fedora with their fellow students would be such a good thing
for everyone. I do think one of the reasons it fails is that we are
only reaching current Fedora contributors now. We need an outreach
program to get new students involved in this program, that was its
real point all along. But they are not going to find our wiki by
themselves, someone needs to go find them.

> This is just an idea and you can grow it. Please support with your
> ideas and thoughts.
>
> However I am worrying whether the name of the team is confusing.
>
> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Bckurera/Fedora_Campus_Ambaasador

I'm not really clear on what you want to change and why. The current
charter I think is quite nice.

John