RFC : Re-structuring Campus-Am team

Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail kagesenshi.87 at gmail.com
Tue May 1 05:44:20 UTC 2012

while i agree that we need more contributions from students, and agree
that theres a need for a lower barrier of entry group for ambassador,
I'm not sure about separation of campus and normal ambassadors.

In my country at least, the students are the ones who tend to have
more visible activities, compared to the full-fledged ambassadors, as
the normal ambassadors tend to have limited movement either limited
due to $dayjob or family.

Most of my events are actually done by these students too, while i'm
just facilitating in term of guidance and giving talks in the events.
There are some of them which I feel already deserve to be normal
ambassador, rather than just campus ambassadors.

how about the change campus ambassador program to be a
less-student-specific ambassador apprenticeship program, with a more
flexible mentorship system?. ie:

1 - anybody can apply for apprenticeship, regardless whether they are
student or not.
2 - they have to contact any nearby, active local ambassadors (if
available, else contact regional ambassador), for apprenticeship.
3 - once the person found an ambassador who is willing to mentor him,
the person will need to run one or several events, under guidance of
that ambassador.
4 - the ambassador responsibility is to guide the apprentice on how to
run fedora events, and also help out with getting famsco funds or
swags, if needed.
5 - once the ambassador feel that the apprentice is ready to be a full
fledged ambassador, forward the apprentice to a ambassador group
mentor
6 - from this step on, follow our usual ambassador acceptance flow.

my 2cents ..