RFC : Re-structuring Campus-Am team

Buddhike Kurera bckurera at fedoraproject.org
Sun May 6 01:44:48 UTC 2012

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 9:32 PM, inode0 <inode0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Campus ambassadors are not some inferior class of Fedora ambassadors.
> We should call them Campus Open Source Representatives or something
> else if we can't avoid this confusion.

Hello

Thanks John and Izhar for inputs. I believe the name is a confusion as
noted.Being clear, what we want through this group is to reach
students/ teachers or any academic related person.

Not every student want to be a FAm, if anyone is interested to promote
Fedora/ Free software they can join with the group and get the FAms
help and promote Fedora/ Free Software when they have time. There is
not much commitment required. I strongly believe the name "Campus
Ambassador" imply that the group is a sub group of FAm. Therefore we
should eliminate the confusion. We need a group for that since we dont
have a team to facilitate such requirement.

The idea behind is simple. If any academic related person wants to
promote Fedora or FOSS with the help of Fedora, they can join with the
team. When ever they need help FAm will support them.

However what would be the next step? Please express your ideas and
will implement the discussion to work !

Thanks for the support.

--
Regards,