RFC : Re-structuring Campus-Am team

Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail kagesenshi.87 at gmail.com
Mon May 7 03:26:21 UTC 2012

> There was at least hope in the beginning that there would be a
> dovetailing with Teaching Open Source/POSSE.
>
> http://teachingopensource.org/index.php/POSSE
>
> Maybe it is time to change the goals, but perhaps we should just
> decide again what the exact goals are going to be and that will help
> clarify things to participants.

Hurm ... i'm not sure whether this small project of mine can fit in
this somewhere, but i'll mention this anyway :P

<shamelessplug>
I have this little project that have been done several times now,
called CampusCamp (http://campuscamp.org). though its more of a Free
Culture thing rather than Free Software

The idea is to get students to organize their own barcamp in their
campus, to get students/lecturers/staff to give talks, run activities,
and share knowledge in general.

The goal is to hopefully build campus communities through providing a
platform for people to meet up and share stuff regularly (eg: every
academic term). Besides that, we hope to encourage a culture of
sharing and contribution among students/lecturers/staff.

Its more of a Free Culture thing than FOSS though, but of course,
students/lecturers/staff with Fedora/FOSS interest can always slip in
Fedora/FOSS related sessions.
</shamelessplug>

So far 2 campuscamp have been run at my previous university, organized
by my juniors there, and I just got some students to run CampusCamp at
the college which host FUDCon KL sometime after FUDCon KL, and another
group of students from another university to run it at theirs.

http://www.inigo-tech.com
http://blog.kagesenshi.org
92C2 B295 B40B B3DC 6866  5011 5BD2 584A 8A5D 7331