[FZH] D dist-git 的用法

Liang Suilong liangsuilong在gmail.com
星期四 七月 29 18:33:35 UTC 2010

这两天 Fedora 的 VCS 会从 CVS 切换到 GIT,原来的 CVS 目录如果各位 packager 要更新已有的包,请参考 Jesse
Keating 这份邮件教学吧!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jesse Keating <jkeating在redhat.com>
Date: Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 2:25 AM
Subject: Re: Fedora 14 branching and dist-git roll out
To: devel在lists.fedoraproject.org

On 07/29/2010 11:10 AM, Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
> On 07/29/2010 02:04 PM, Jesse Keating wrote:
>> Over 10K repos have been converted, but I do have to run a script over
>> those repos and make sure the conversion actually "succeeded".  We've
>> also gotten dist-f14, dist-f13, dist-f12, and el6 in a state that we can
>> build with, however we do have to do some bootstrapping of el4/5.  I
>> have yet to look at OLPC-2/3.
>
> This may be a dumb question (I'm full of dumb questions sometimes), but
> is there any documentation available on how to use the new setup? Even
> something as simple as pasting the new command equivalents (both with
> fedpkg and with git, if possible) for things like:
>
> * cvs checkout libfoo
> * cvs commit -m 'updated to libfoo 1.3' .
> * cd F-13 && make tag && BUILD_FLAGS="--nowait" make build
>
> Thanks,
>
> ~spot

I keep asking for help with this, but it looks like I my have to write
it all myself, which make take a while...

But for the typical tasks here we go:

I want to build a new libfoo for rawhide:
 fedpkg clone libfoo
 cd libfoo
 <edit files>
 fedpkg commit
 <input commit message>
 fedpkg push (this step could be skipped with "fedpkg commit -p")
 fedpkg build

I want to build a new libfoo for Fedora 13:
Option A:
 fedpkg clone -b f13 libfoo
 cd libfoo
Option B:
 fedpkg clone libfoo
 cd libfoo
 fedpkg switch-branch f13
Option C:
 fedpkg clone -B libfoo
 cd libfoo/f13/

I want to import an srpm to my repo libfoo
 cd libfoo/
 fedpkg import <path.to.srpm>
 <review changes>
 fedpkg commit -p

I want to upload new sources (replacing existing ones)
 cd libfoo/

I want to add a new source file without replacing others
 cd libfoo/

Grabbing a recent fedora-packager build from
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=5409 and
running fedpkg --help, then fedpkg <target> --help will give you a
better idea of what targets are available and how they can be used.

If somebody wants to take the above and start working on wiki pages,
please do so.  I beg you!

- --
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!