[FZH] Fwd: [Ambassadors] FUDCon APAC bids

Gerard Braad gbraad at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jul 1 08:12:41 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 11:36 AM, Yuan Yijun <bbbush.yuan at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm sorry if the Bid failed for us after so many efforts. However APAC
> Bid won't work if we don't speak English like an India AS WELL AS WE
> ATTEND THE MEETING AT REQUIRED TIME. Unfortunately I don't read the
> list, thus missed the meeting, so do you.
> 从会议记录上看,时间很短,说得也不多,究竟是什么影响了作出决定?在会议结束前似乎还没有决定,会议记录出来以后,又仿佛每个人都知道最终结果了。这个沟通效率是不是高得离谱了?

I understand what you mean, but I do believe having to speak English
is key. A lot of members of the community also have difficulty to
express themselves for lack of understanding computer terminology
(e.g. regular users), but they are also just as much part of it. I
believe having people around you can help a lot with the language
problem. I am positive ;-). Let's see what the result will be. No
matter what, we have a lot to work on... we will our FAD!

Gerard

--
Gerard Braad -- 吉拉德
   Regional Mentor for APAC/China, Member of FAmSCo