[FZH] Question regarding LiveCD and install to Hard D

Tiansworld tiansworld at fedoraproject.org
Sat Mar 10 07:43:43 UTC 2012

On 03/10/2012 09:13 AM, zyichi在gmail.com wrote:
> You can do what you want if you install to hard disk.
> On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 7:46 AM, Shen-En Chen<dreamcarrior在gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi, guys,
>>
>> I have a very old Dell computer Dimension 4600, with 1.5 GB RAM, 80GB hard
>> drive space, and no CD-ROM drives.  Luckily, I found that it is able to
>> boot from USB flash devices. And therefore I made a Fedora 16 usb live
>> media. I could install Fedora 16 to the computer, but what can I do next?
>> Can I upgrade this install to a regular workstation or a server? I need
>> sshd, openoffice, and other common utilities.  Can I do a yum update? More
>> importantly, how do I enable Chinese inputs?
>>
>> Thanks!

For ssh,
Try yum search ssh, this command will list the applications name which
include "ssh"
Or just run: yum install openssh

For openoffice:
Fedora had replaced openoffice by libreoffice,
run: yum search openoffice to see which components of libreoffice do you
need. Then run yum install.

For Chinese input method, you can still use the yum command to search
it, for example: ibus-pinyin.

Most of the applications you need may already be installed to your
computer. Try to find them first under your Desktop Environment.

Good luck.

--
Regards,

Tiansworld