[FZH] [Ambassadors] Ask Fedora multi language support

Alick Zhao alick9188 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 09:06:11 UTC 2014

On 01/19/2014 05:45 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Hi
>
> Ever since we launched Ask Fedora, I have had ambassadors and other
> contributors ask me repeatedly about multi language support and it looks
> we can finally enable it
>
> For a working demo from the staging instance, refer to
>
> https://ask.stg.fedoraproject.org/eo/questions/
>
> However enabling it for all languages doesn't make sense with having
> language specific communities moderating and managing that part of Ask
> Fedora actively.
> So if you want support for your native tongue enabled in Ask Fedora and
> you are an ambassador or translator etc willing to be a moderator in the
> forum for your language, please let me know or post to the Fedora
> infrastructure list.  If already have askbot deployed in your local
> language, we can look into migrating that data over as well if you wish
> to do so.

That's great news! I would like to see a Simplified Chinese (zh_CN)
instance of Ask Fedora, and I would like to be a moderator for it.

Instead of separate instances for zh_CN, zh_TW, and zh_HK, etc., I think
a generic Chinese instance (zh like in Wikipedia) is also OK. Not sure
what is the current implementation of AskBot.

PS: I'll copy to Fedora Chinese ML for more involvement.

--
Alick
Fedora release 20 (Heisenbug) user