[FZH] 关于FUDCon准备

Martin Bähr mbaehr at email.archlab.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Mar 20 15:16:48 UTC 2014

Excerpts from Alick Zhao's message of 2014-03-20 03:35:48 +0100:
> On 02/24/2014 11:40 PM, Liang Suilong wrote:
> > 有个建议,如果邀请国外的演讲者来中国参加活动,需要尽早邀请,好让人家办理中国签证,听说外国人来中国办签证都挺麻烦的样子。
> 有具体的信息吗?比如一般需要提前多久办?以什么身份吧?需要这边的邀请函吗?
> 另外 ping libin, tonghui, GNOME.Asia 怎么处理签证问题的?
> CSDN OSTC Larry Wall 签证怎么处理的?

Visa for US Citizens is USD 140 (Larry Wall got visa for his wife too, so they
paid USD 280).

if things go smoothly 2 weeks can be enough, but then there is no room for error.
better start at least two months before the travel time. you don't want
speakers to cancel at the last minute because they couldn't get a visa in time.
if the visa is arranged early, things are more relaxed.

required are either flight-tickets and hotel-reservation OR an invitation.

however rules may change from country to country.

in general, guests should tell you if they have specific requirements for a visa.

greetings, martin.

eKita                   -   the online platform for your entire academic life
hackerspace beijing     -                                    http://qike.info
chief engineer                                                       eKita.co
pike programmer      pike.lysator.liu.se    caudium.net     societyserver.org
BLUG secretary                                                 beijinglug.org
foresight developer  foresightlinux.org                            realss.com
unix sysadmin
Martin Bähr          working in china        http://societyserver.org/mbaehr/

More information about the Chinese mailing list