[FZH] [Design-team] [FUDCon Beijing 2014] Logo/T-shirt

Martin Bähr mbaehr at email.archlab.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Mar 26 15:39:16 UTC 2014

Excerpts from Dubiancat's message of 2014-03-25 15:20:15 +0100:
> Sorry,I forgot that I should use English.
> I think The Great Wall isn't a suitable choice , since it has been regarded as a symbol of the whole Chinese nation.
> FUDCon 2014 is held at Beijing , so The Temple of Heaven may be a better choice .

apologies for barging in here, but i'd like to share my opinion on this as a
foreigner living in beijing.

first, let me state that i consider the great wall as one of the most
astonishing things that man has built. if anyone coming to china has only one
choice to visit something then that choice should be the great wall.

as for the great wall being a symbol of china, but not of beijing, i disagree
for two reasons, first of all, the great wall is very near from here, just
outside the city. so in a way it is really part of beijing.

second, i don't know if there is a plan to make a visit to the great wall, but
if there is, those that join it would not only have a t-shirt that has some
symbol of china, but a symbol of a place they have actually visited.

of course this works for any other symbol from beijing, so i am not suggesting
that the great wall is the best choice. i only want to express that it should
not be removed from consideration just because it may be considered a symbol of
all of china.

greetings, martin.

--
eKita                   -   the online platform for your entire academic life
hackerspace beijing     -                                    http://qike.info