[fedora-classroom] "i18n through gettext" Online Workshop : 30th Apr 2010, 6:00 PM IST

Naveen Kumar nkumar at redhat.com
Mon Apr 26 12:09:10 UTC 2010

Hi,

I am going to run a workshop on "internationalization through gettext" via #fedora-india IRC channel in freenode, coming Friday. You should have a recent Fedora system running with root privileges and make sure to install emacs & fonts for your language before coming.

# yum install emacs
#yum install lohit-hindi-fonts
#yum install lohit-devanagari-fonts

Reading material at

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/A_Short_Tutorial_On_i18n_Through_gettext

I will be covering the basics of internationalizing your application through gettext library and you can
follow along and i18nize & translate a "hello" project. I can continue the session for a couple of hours or until everyone can internationalize, localize & see their application running in local language. My nick is nkumar on #fedora-india, if you have any questions about getting started.

Naveen Kumar