[fedora-classroom] Introductory workshop on GNU autotools

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon May 3 13:15:20 UTC 2010

On Mon, May 03, 2010 at 17:02:12 +0530,
  Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh.poyarekar at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 11:14 AM, Siddhesh Poyarekar
> <siddhesh.poyarekar at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I will be conducting an introductory workshop on GNU autotools in
> > #fedora-classroom on 03 May, 2010 at 13:30 UTC. The aim of the
> > classroom is to get people started on autotoolizing C code. I will use
> > an example project and will go through the following:
> >

> Reminder: This is two hours from now.

I'll be travelling from home to work during the meeting time, so probably
won't catch much of it live, but will read the logs after the fact.
One question I have is how to handle when you need the math library and/or
simple X stuff. I have been doing some DSO linking cleanup and have been
recommending adding -lm or -lX11 to the prog_ADD type variable in the
Makefile.am to fix these cases, but I am wondering if there is a better
way to do that?