Meeting minutes, 4/29

David Huff dhuff at redhat.com
Fri Apr 30 00:26:36 UTC 2010

On 04/29/2010 06:03 PM, Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:

> Thanks, zodbot!
>
> <zodbot>  Minutes:
> http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2010-04-29/cloud-sig.2010-04-29-21.00.html
> <zodbot>  Minutes (text):
> http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2010-04-29/cloud-sig.2010-04-29-21.00.txt
> <zodbot>  Log:
> http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2010-04-29/cloud-sig.2010-04-29-21.00.log.html
>
> The big takeaway from my perspective: we need as much help as we can get
> to create an F12 image that boots on RHEL 5.5 + Xen.  Then we take *that*
> image and test it on EC2.  It may well fail, since it appears that they're
> running a Frankenstein RHEL 5.(0-2), but at least we'll be able to isolate
> their failures, demonstrate that we've got our stuff working, and put
> pressure on them to fix if need be.
>
> <gregdek>  OK, so to recap the plan:
> <gregdek>  * huff will post the latest ks and tools he's been using to get

Latests version of the ks file is here:
http://github.com/huff/kickstart-stuff/blob/master/fedora-ec2-min.ks

to generate the image run the command:
# mkdir include (this is for the kernels)
# appliance-creator --cache /var/cache/ac/ -d -v -i ./include  -n
fedora-ec2-image -c
http://github.com/huff/kickstart-stuff/raw/master/fedora-ec2-min.ks

I ran some tests tonight and was able to boot this image in kvm on f12
with no selinux issues, I did have to change the fs=label, and fstabb/c
kvm did not like xvda, but had no problem booting this image.

I was not able to test in xen however. If someone could provide me with
example xen paravirt config file (non hvm), I will try and test in xen
tomorrow.

-D