custom (ebs backed) Fedora 14 AMIs

Brian LaMere brian at cukerinteractive.com
Mon Dec 6 19:10:06 UTC 2010

The script isn't intending to be "official" - jforbes' AMIs fulfill that
role.  This is just a working how-to, for those wanting basic starting tips
on creating their own fedora AMI.  It's actually not worthwhile to spend
terribly much effort making a good tool out of it; just use Boxgrinder or
such if you want a real tool ;)  I believe boxgrinder is moving along the
"official" path already.

Currently (and temporarily) the published AMIs are only S3-backed; some of
us need EBS-backed instances, so for those who do I reminded everyone of
that howto, and let them know I re-verified it works.  I have a happy,
never-ran-prior-to-use, AMI for Fedora14 with an EBS the size I declare.

Brian