default size of root fs

István leccine at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 19:37:02 UTC 2010

Yeah it is viable solution as well, but it requires a bit more attention
from the admin side. I just used the xvdc device for /var and it was easier.
I hit two birds with one stone since logging also goes there.

/dev/xvdc1             40G  401M   37G   2% /var

I also like the BSD sort of installation when everything is separated so can
specify different behavior for /tmp /home /var like enable noexec or nosuid
parameters which are typically applied to mount points.

But of course you could just modify mysql/apache/.... to sit on the
pre-configured devices.

I.

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 5:58 PM, Brian LaMere <brian at cukerinteractive.com>wrote:

> you could always just deploy the lamp stuff to the other two dirs mounted -
> no reason mysql databases couldn't be in /data, for instance.
>  /var/lib/mysql doesn't really make that much sense for a place to actually
> /leave/ it, after all ;)
>
> Brian
>

> On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 6:03 AM, István <leccine at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Brilliant!
>>
>> . In the meantime I am trying to resize the root fs somehow splitting
>> /dev/xvdc for /var and so on.
>>
>> Thank you guys.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Istvan
>>

>> On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 1:39 PM, Marek Goldmann <mgoldman at redhat.com>wrote
>>
>> Hi Istvan,
>>>
>>> Yes, we've talked about this before. Whole 10GB will be used for S3-based
>>> AMIs once we publish updated AMIs, right Justin?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> --Marek

>>> EC2 image?

>>> enough for typical LAMP installations or any kind of production server even
>>> if you store the content in /mnt.

>> --
>> the sun shines for all
>>
>> http://blog.l1x.me