Announcing ami-creator

Jeremy Katz katzj at fedoraproject.org
Tue Dec 14 02:34:14 UTC 2010

Hey everyone --

After fighting with too many different tools where none of them acted like I
wanted last week, I've gone ahead and put together a simple app that uses
all of the python-imgcreate stuff[1] to generate an image that's usable for
an AMI in EC2.  Very simple: kickstart file in, disk image out.  I still
need to put in the pieces to auto-bundle and upload the image if desired,
but at this point, it's already very useful to me at least.  If others find
it useful, I can take the next steps of packaging it up for Fedora, etc.

git repo at
http://fedorapeople.org/gitweb?p=katzj/public_git/ami-creator.git and
announcement blog post at
http://velohacker.com/fedora-notes/announcing-ami-creator/.

- Jeremy

[1] Same base pieces as livecd-creator and lives in the same source repo.