Cloud projects inside of RedHat

Chris Lalancette clalance at redhat.com
Wed Dec 15 15:41:10 UTC 2010

On 12/15/10 - 08:38:00PM, Kashyap Chamarthy wrote:
> Chris, this sounds good. So, over the weekend I cloned the repo and
> quickly ran an rpmbuild and installed 'oz' rpm.

First, thanks for giving it a try.

> This is the standard TDL I used:
> kashyap at test1$ cat f14x86_64.tdl
> <template>
>   <name>f14jeos</name>
>   <os>
>     <name>Fedora</name>
>     <version>14</version>
>     <arch>x86_64</arch>
>     <install type='url'>
>
> <url>http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/14/Fedora/x86_64/os/</url>
>     </install>
>   </os>
>   <description>Fedora 14</description>
> </template>

This looks like a correct TDL file.

> This was the command line I gave to generate JEOS.
> $ sudo oz-install -d 4 f14x86_64.tdl

And this looks like the proper command-line.

> The install fails  by "Timed out waiting for install to finish" (thrown by `Guest.py` ?):
> .
> .
> .
> DEBUG:oz.Guest.FedoraGuest:Waiting for Fedora14x86_64 to finish installing, 10/1200
>
> I looked at the PNG  it generated, and it says :
> "Cannot retrieve repository(repomod.xml) for repository:
> anaconda-InstallationRepo-201010211827.x86_64. Please verify it's
> path and try again'
>
> I guess this is incorrect. Because I'm very sure(& rechecked) the
> 'repomod.xml' does exist in the url(mentioned in f14x86_64.tdl). And
> using the very same url I do a lot of unattended network installs
> via virt-install and kickstart.

Hm, OK.  It's a really good question, it should work.  Questions:

1)  When you do the installs that succeed, do you use the virbr0 bridge, or do
you have a real bridge that you typically use?  Currently oz always uses the
virbr0 bridge, and I'm wondering if there is some kind of firewall rule that
is preventing it from getting out to the network.
2)  What is your host system?  Fedora 13?  Fedora 14?  Something else?

I'll try to reproduce this locally and see what happens.

Thanks again,
--
Chris Lalancette