Eucalyptus

David Lutterkort lutter at redhat.com
Tue Feb 2 18:46:58 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-02-01 at 17:43 -0500, Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:
> Eucalyptus's participation in that vision
> would obviously be welcome.  There's a separate development list for that:

Yes, having somebody from Eucalyptus involved would be very welcome. The
most basic thing that should be done there is to take dcloud's EC2
driver and point it at a Eucalyptus instance, and see how far that goes.

If there are any differences between EC2 and Eucalyptus (e.g., API
additions), we should figure out how to support them. And, of course,
we'd love to have Eucalyptus involvement in shaping the course of the
dcloud API.

> Now, I think that dcloud is still a few patches short of a release at this
> point, but soon we'll be getting dcloud into Fedora, and we're hoping to
> start to use dcloud to manage EC2 instances for use by various Fedora
> folks.

Short it is, but not as short as one might think: we should be able to
push dcloud API into Fedora in the next few weeks; goal is to have it
all sewed up by the end of the month.

David