Eucalyptus

graziano obertelli graziano at eucalyptus.com
Tue Feb 2 21:41:10 UTC 2010

On Tue, Feb 02, 2010 at 01:54:50PM -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 02, 2010 at 10:24:17AM -0800, graziano obertelli wrote:
> > Also, we do have already some spec file that we use. I did try it on
> > fedora and it created RPMs, but I haven't done any Q&A on them (we are
> > busy with 1.6.2 process at this time). So they are working, but what we
> > did there is to ship all the java dependencies in them instead of creating
> > packages for them. Is this something acceptable for fedora?
>
> We're going to have to build them separately. Hopefully, that won't be a big
> deal. It doesn't look like it should be. My two concerns are: the axis2
> version provided is slightly old, and the rampartc package has some changes
> from upstream. We'll have to figure out the right way to deal with both of
> those.

We do currently use 1.6.0 (which is current I think) with upstream. And
for the patches, we have some patches which upstream gave us to fix a
memory leak we encounterd. We didn't yet include them for lack of time:
you may want to contact upstream too, I think they would be very happy to
have axis2c and rampartc in fedora.

cheers
graziano