"default virt server"

Jeremy Katz katzj at fedoraproject.org
Sat Feb 27 03:13:58 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 1:49 PM, Colin Walters <walters at verbum.org> wrote:
> In the big picture I think we need to tease apart a few different concepts:

Yep, agreed.

> * Stuff generic to fully automating creating a small-ish server
> skeleton accessible over ssh (target case: virt-install)

The package set here seems almost reasonable (although removing
SELinux is kind of a no no); it has its warts, but it's part of being
"Fedora-y")

> * Stuff specific to EC2

Yeah, this should definitely be split out.

> * "Minimization" - For example, removing localization

And I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this has no place in
any general purpose image.  With AOS where you're going for the
absolute smallest size that you can get, meh, I guess.  More general
purpose, the locale support keeps us from making the system
inaccessible to other parts of the world.

> Let me reattach my proposed file here.

Basically, I guess I'm saying I agree more with your config than huff's :-)

- Jeremy