Cloud: Technology or Operations Model?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Jan 20 21:55:37 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-01-20 at 15:44 -0600, Mike McGrath wrote:
> I hope I don't become that cranky guy.  But as someone that's been using
> virtualization for a long time and get the difference between clouds and
> virtualization... I see the majority of the planet doesn't see the
> difference and it bugs me to no end because it causes decisions, planning,
> resource commitments to be completely misplaced.

It would then make sense for one of the first things this SIG should do
is define 'What is a Cloud' vs 'What is a virtualized guest', or some
other comparison, so that we in the SIG and those outside the SIG know
what it is exactly we're focused on.

I admit, the distinction is very fuzzy to me.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!