Cloud SIG meeting minutes - 2010/07/08

David Huff dhuff at redhat.com
Fri Jul 9 14:16:42 UTC 2010

All, sorry I missed the meeting yesterday. I have taken on a new roll
within RH and will not have as much time to devote to this effort as in
the past.  I will still try to help out when possible.

For the KS file, there should not be much change from the F12 ks file
needed. I will try to do a quick test today and post a sample F13 ks file.

On 07/09/2010 03:26 AM, Marek Goldmann wrote:
> The next question is about EC2 AKI with pvgrub – how to use that? Which ARI I should specify to run the AMI? Do I need to make some changes to Fedora's kernel (mkinitrd, dracut?)?

To run the PV-grub kernel you do not need ARI just the PV-grub AKI, it
pulls the ramdisk from the AMI.

For pv-grub to work work properly I had to rebuild the ramdisk on the
image (in the post section of the ks file) and preload the xen dirvers
see below for an example I used in RHEL....

# mkinitrd -f -v --allow-missing \
     --builtin uhci-hcd \
     --builtin ohci-hcd \
     --builtin ehci-hcd \
     --preload xennet \
     --preload xenblk \
     --preload dm-mod \
     --preload dm-mirror \
     --preload dm-mod \
     --preload dm-crypt \
     --preload linear \
     --preload dm-snapshot \
     --preload raid1 \
     --preload raid0 \
     --preload raid10 \
     --preload raid456 \
     --force-lvm-probe \
     /boot/initrd-${kver}.img \
     $kver

I also made sure grub.conf was copied to menu.lst (not sure if required
or not but I think pv-grub is hard coded to look for menu.lst) and made
sure it looked similar to this.....

"
default=0
timeout=0

title RHEL
     root (hd0)
     kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.18-194.el5xen root=/dev/sda1
     initrd /boot/initrd-2.6.18-194.el5xen.img
"

Hope this helps....

-David