OpenStack

pbrobinson at gmail.com pbrobinson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 19:03:54 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 7:02 PM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Jul 2010, pbrobinson at gmail.com wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 8:41 PM, Pete Zaitcev <zaitcev at redhat.com> wrote:
>> > So, is anyone looking it a it?
>>
>> I've had a very brief look at it and might soon get some work time to
>> contribute to further packaging.
>>

> Can anyone give a brief architectural overview?  (having not looked at it
> at all I was wondering stuff like:)
>
> "Mostly single server node communication via xmlrpc.  Written almost
> entirely in python.  node auth uses ssl.  Only a few deps on libraries
> (maybe 10), uses mysql database" type thing.

KVM nodes, The NASA Nova CC cloud controller, AMQP for messaging,
there's a storage component that I don't believe is released yet but
its object based and E3 compatible. I think some components will
already be in fedora (AMQP/KVM) and some won't be. I noticed NTT is
involved and they released recently the "sheep dog" [1] distribured
storage that is now integrated into qemu so I wonder if it might not
be based on that.

There was a good break down diagram but I can't seem to find it at the moment.

[1] http://lwn.net/Articles/357910/