ec2 image status

Robert Pierce robert.pierce at marketsimulationscience.com
Tue Jun 22 18:09:39 UTC 2010

Question to you folks about the status if ec2 images.  This seems like an
appropriate place to post this kind of general question, but if I'm wrong,
please forgive me.

I've read through the archives, and it seems like there's been some progress
making images greater than fc8, but I don't see any links to any actual
public images.  Is there something available?

More specifically, I've tried a yum upgrade path from fc8 to fc13 on ec2.
It seems to work except for udevd, which fails because it needs a newer
kernel than 2.6.21.7-2.ec2.v1.2.fc8xen.  I expect there are probably other
kernel dependencies that are broken, but I haven't yet found them.  Is there
an rpm for a newer xen kernel?  Looking around, I've seen indications that
2.6.25 might be good enough for udevd to work.

Any help or pointers are much appreciated.