Meeting time change proposal - move from 2000 UTC to 2100 UTC

Robyn Bergeron robyn.bergeron at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 06:14:56 UTC 2010

Greetings everyone,

I've spoken with a few other people who didn't respond to the original
meeting time request, as well as looking at the meeting times Justin
was able to get from the people who did respond.

I'd like to propose that we move the meeting time forward by one hour,
to 2100 UTC from 2000 UTC.  (For those in North America, this is 5pm
on the east coast, and 2pm on the west coast.) This will give us
availability of a few more people, as well as the opportunity to
utilize #fedora-meeting instead of being in #fedora-cloud, which
generally gives us more visibility and the possibility of picking up
more volunteers who like to lurk, watch, and pipe up (and hopefully
help us out a bit).

I realize that this time is still not optimal for community friends
who are in other parts of the world (really late in europe,
unreasonably early in some parts of APAC).  I'm hoping that (a) as we
gather more steam we can start to build more dialogue on the mailing
list so that it's easier for people in other regions to participate,
and (b) as we start nailing down a more firm task list we can identify
some of those tasks in meeting notes and on the wiki so that one
doesn't necessarily have to be in a meeting to volunteer to do things.
 We of course want to be including everyone, and non-meeting-time
participation (aka: mailing list!) is a great way to build that up.

If nobody has any serious objections over the next 24 hours to this
proposal, I'll change the information on the wiki to reflect the
change, and send an "it's official! we changed times!" note to the
mailing list.

Cheers,

-Robyn