EC2 kernel image status

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Thu Mar 25 17:49:14 UTC 2010

On Thu, 25 Mar 2010, Justin M. Forbes wrote:

> The good news is that I have F12 images uploaded.  The bad news is that we
> cannot use them yet.  It seems there is a permissions problem with our
> account which won't let me register kernel images.  Amazon is on it, and I
> expect resolution soon.  Once the permissions are fixed, it is just a
> couple of quick commands to make them visible and usable.

Rock.  On.

So this is a good time for a meeting reminder.  #fedora-meeting, 5pm
Eastern Daylight Time.

A rough agenda:

1. Testing and bugs.  What's the difference between "Fedora on the cloud"
and "Fedora on your system at home"?  How do we follow bugs that are, we
suspect, unique to the cloud?  How do we ask people to test Fedora on the
cloud?  How can we get some benefit?

2. Tools that turn spin->image.  Time to start drilling down on the
details here.

--g

--
Educational materials should be high-quality, collaborative, and free.
Visit http://opensource.com/education and join the conversation.