Other cloud providers - Fedora on things other than EC2 + marketing

Robyn Bergeron robyn.bergeron at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 13:44:33 UTC 2010

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 6:07 AM, Hugh Brock <hbrock at redhat.com> wrote:

>> > So, the rumor is if you know the right guy at Rackspace, you can get your images uploaded.
>> >
>> > Do we know the right guys there?
>>
>> But it doesn't scale that way. Ideally, the conversation should be about
>> an API that allows an image to be uploaded w/o a back room conversation.
>>

> Or our builder needs to work with golden images that are already
> uploaded on any cloud we care about... or both...

FWIU, Major Hayden (rackerhacker on IRC) had the images uploaded
yesterday for F14 launch, and they're available to use on rackspace
cloud / slicehost already, as he's done for F13 and F12 releases.
This is what spurred this thread originally - that it would be great
for us to be marketing that F14 is available through other providers
as well.

It's not necessarily a case of "knowing the right guy" - I think it's
more than we have a Fedora enthusiast over at Rackspace, and uploading
those images happens to be part of his job.  Of course, that could
theoretically become a single point of failure if he left, so I think
it would be good to have the discussion with about what the options
are to circumvent that situation.  He's on this list, so I'll poke him
on IRC and see if he can provide us with some more detail.

-robyn