Cloud SIG Meeting Reminder: 2010/10/28, 2100 UTC, in #fedora-meeting

Robyn Bergeron robyn.bergeron at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 14:23:16 UTC 2010

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 5:57 PM, Harish Pillay <harish.pillay at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Meeting Details: Thursday, 2010/10/28 @2100 UTC (In NA - East coast,
>> 5pm; West coast, 2pm.)
>> Meeting channel: #fedora-meeting, irc.freenode.net
>>
>> Other details are available at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Cloud_SIG.
>
> Thanks, Robyn, for setting this up.  I would really like to participate in
> realtime but the 5pm EST is not going to work for me. 5pm EST is 5am
> Singapore time.
>
> May I humbly suggest that future meetings be held around 10am EST,
> which is 1400 GMT/2200 Singapore time?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Harish

Hi Harish,

Thanks for the note. We're delighted that more people are interested
in attending cloud SIG meetings!

We talked about this in the meeting today, and I think it just looks
like it's going to be too difficult to coordinate everyone at that
time. 10am EST winds up being 7am where I'm at, which is more or less
in the middle of getting to school / rush hour, and a lot of other
folks in the equivalent 7am and 8am slots have the same problem, or
early morning meetings most days, etc. It took us a ton of
coordination to get people in the time slot where we're at, as it is
:(

One thing that was suggested was to maybe have one week a month where
we had a meeting on the alternate time slot similar to what you've
proposed.  How do you think that would work?

Are there other community folks / list lurkers reading this who might
want to come to the meetings that are in a similar time zone as
Harish?

-Robyn