euca2ools

Brian LaMere brian at cukerinteractive.com
Thu Nov 11 17:10:37 UTC 2010

> Euca2ools programs don't hard-code things like URIs, so you typically
> need to specify more in the environment to get them to work with AWS.
>
> I recommend setting everything of importance up in your shell's rc file.
>  For instance, my .zshrc file contains something similar to this:

I set up little functions in .bashrc, so I can change out keys; then I had
one of them called by default ;)

So there's "mykeys," "devkeys," "dckeys" - etc - switches out so the command
line tools (such as euca2ools) work.

Just a little tip on what I did.  I'm clearing out that stuff from my shell
environment now (putting the info in ldap, and my tools query ldap for my
info) but it's safer than specifying things on the command line (where it
would show up in a ps).

Brian