yum doesn't work on FC14

István leccine at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 22:50:17 UTC 2010

Just to answer my own question:

- yum doesn't print out the error messages coming from any underlying python
code even with debug=9
-strace is my friend

a missing file (ca-bundle.crt) in  /etc/pki/tls/certs/ causing yum to fail
with the error message "Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata
(repomd.xml) for repository: fedora. Please verify its path and try again"

:)

I am going to ask yum devs to bundle yum with strace as a long term solution

--
the sun shines for all

http://blog.l1x.me