AMI - Fedora 14 - ami-e291668b

Wayne Walker wwalker at solid-constructs.com
Wed Apr 13 18:50:37 UTC 2011

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 01:51:11PM -0300, Daniel Naves de Carvalho wrote:
> Hello
>

> I`ve been trying to use this image(Fedora 14 64bits) but it only has 2gb on
> the / (root) partition
>
> I want to increase this because i need to install a few rpm and libs on my
> /var
>
> What can i do to increase this partition to 10gb? Or how can i chance maybe
> my /home and /var on the image to another partition so i can successfully
> run my applications?
>

> Thank you for the support!

I highly recommend converting it to an EBS AMI.  I have 4 of them that
I made.  32 bit, 64 bit, bare bones, yum updated plus dev tools.

I converted to an EBS AMI via these instructions:

http://webkist.wordpress.com/2010/03/16/creating-an-amazon-ec2-ebs-ami-from-a-running-instance/

Takes about 10 minutes each.

--

Wayne Walker