Update on the 2011-04-28 Cloud Test Day

Tim Flink tflink at redhat.com
Tue Apr 19 22:22:36 UTC 2011

I had a conversation with mgoldmann and msavy in #fedora-qa about the
upcoming cloud test day and wanted to summarize what was discussed. I
don't mean for this to be final so if I'm missing something, please
correct me or add to this.

Thanks,

Tim

Proposed Testing Targets:
 - F15 EC2 AMIs
   * Should be built in the next couple of days
 - BoxGrinder

EC2 Test Cases:
 - ???

BoxGrinder Test Cases:
 - Deploy pre-defined appliances to local cloud
   * VMWare, KVM

 - Deploy pre-defined appliances to remote cloud
   * EC2, others?

 - Create new appliances to deploy
   - With support docs to help with the process

BoxGrinder TODO:
 - Figure out setup instructions
   * Talked about liveimage with BG + support stuff
   * Discussed scripts to setup local environment
   * BG meta-image?

 - Determine "PASS" and "FAIL" requirements
   * What makes a BG deployment successful?

General TODO:

 - Create wiki page for test day
   * mgoldmann and msavy said that they would take care of the initial
     page, at least

 - Create and test test cases
   * QA is willing to help on this