[RFC] CUDCon - Cloud conference to parallel FUDCon

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 23:24:58 UTC 2011

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 14:25, Karsten Wade <kwade at redhat.com> wrote:
> Cloud SIG folks:
>
> We love the Fedora FUDCon model. Just as JBoss did with JUDCon, I'd
> like to start a new users and developers-focused conference around
> cloud efforts that relate to Fedora and, by effect, Red Hat's cloud
> and virtualization efforts.
>
> Not-so-tentatively called CUDCon, "Ruminate with us about clouds!",
> the Cloud Users and Developers Conference (beginning) idea is:

The first question I would say for any Open Source Cloud Conference
needs to answer is "What about X?" where X is CentOS, Mandrake,
Slackware, Ubuntu or Windows.

The big question I still see in most cloud conversations is the OS and
not the applications involved. That is my main reason for not seeing a
good matchup of a general Cloud FLOSS conference and FUDcon. It can
put some sponsors in a hard spot because they dont' want to look
Fedora specific.. and unless we can run this as a part of  UDS also..
it makes it a jarring juxtapostion.

My gut feeling on rumination is that this is more of a Red Hat Summit
set of tracks than a FUDcon.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
battle." -- Ian MacLaren