Running horizon/dashboard from git

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Mon Dec 5 16:07:05 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-11-28 at 11:34 -0500, Cole Robinson wrote:

> # Actually run the dashboard
> ./tools/with_venv.sh python dashboard/manage.py runserver syncdb
> ./tools/with_venv.sh python dashboard/manage.py runserver 127.0.0.1:9000
> firefox 127.0.0.1:9000
> # should see a login page, accounts are demo:demo or admin:admin
> log in with admin:admin, it should work!
>
> # If openstack-nova-api isn't running, you will see and error like:
> Unable to get usage info: [Errno 111] Connection refused
>
> # If nova-api is running, on log in there will be an error like:
> Unable to get usage info: This error may be caused by a misconfigured nova url
> in keystone's service catalog, or by missing openstackx extensions in nova.
> See the dashboard README.

I'm seeing this too and it looks like an authentication issue.

I created a Nova user called "admin" and a project called "demo".

It looks like Horizon is doing GET /v1/extras/usage on Nova (port 8774)
and getting a 401

Nova is hitting up keystone in order to authenticate the request, by
doing a GET /v2.0/tokens/XXXXXXXX on port 35357 where XXXXXX is the
authentication token Horizon supplied to Nova

Now, this is the keystone auth_token.py middleware which the Nova
process is using to do this request back to keystone. It sets the
X-Auth-Token header to whatever you put into Nova's api-paste.ini for
admin_token

So, I'm not sure yet why the authentication is failing for me.

Alan is doing experimenting with keystone and nova at the moment - can
you help us out?

Cheers,
Mark.