P2P Packaging/Koji Cloud

Denis Arnaud denis.arnaud_fedora at m4x.org
Thu Dec 8 22:59:08 UTC 2011

> Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 12:33:38 -0500
> From: seth vidal <skvidal at fedoraproject.org>
>
> I answered Denis immediately at the first post and he concurred it was
> a problem. I like to think the conversation evolved as we discussed.

Yes, the conversation has shifted... Indeed, I mixed two distinct ideas:
1. One corresponding to an actual use case: using a private/trusted cloud
service to do scratch, chain or even massive builds.
2. Another one corresponding to a dream, really: a P2P cloud, just because
it sounds exciting, and would certainly be a USP (unique selling point) for
Fedora.

>From the answers, it seems that both ideas ring a bell. And, of course, the
dream does not seem doable, mainly for security reason. Or it could be
implemented as a proof-of-concept of all the technologies and skills, which
Fedora gathers under its umbrella?

Nevertheless, for now, I am really interested by the item #1 above. For the
#2, we never know. Maybe a GSoC, or something like that, could make it
happen...

Thanks for having shared your thoughts!

Regards

Denis