Sponsors for the oVirt project

Steven Dake sdake at redhat.com
Sat Dec 17 17:36:22 UTC 2011

On 12/14/2011 04:15 AM, Oved Ourfalli wrote:

> [...]

It isn't sent to us.  A few Wiki pointers I'd recommend reading are in
this email.

First off, you will want to join the package maintainers:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join_the_package_collection_maintainers

Only a few people can sponsor new packagers (David being one).  Usually
you will be required to package something unrelated to what your working
on to show you are a competent packager.

Then you will want to make your packages as per:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines

You will want to do a self-review so the review and repair process
doesn't take a long time:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:ReviewGuidelines

The next step after this is to request a package review (on a mailing
list).  Typically this is done as a review swap (you review mine, I
review yours) or sometimes people just feel helpful and do review
without swap.

Note until your in the packaging group, only proven packagers can review
your packages. (ie: David, there are others).

Regards
-steve