fedora 16 AMI on EC2

Max Spevack mspevack at fedoraproject.org
Tue Dec 20 05:27:58 UTC 2011

On Mon, 19 Dec 2011, Garrett Holmstrom wrote:

> It is my understanding that EC2 images generally have their inbuilt
> firewalls turned off because people are expected to use security
> groups instead.  Is this correct?  If so, how can I help that happen
> for the next Fedora release's EC2 images?

For what it's worth, on the Amazon Linux AMI 2011.09, iptables is turned
on by default, but it is left empty.

[root at ip-10-190-217-157 ~]# chkconfig --list | grep iptables
iptables        0:off   1:off   2:on    3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off

[root at ip-10-190-217-157 ~]# iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)