Fedora 17 test day - OpenStack

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Wed Dec 21 22:55:06 UTC 2011

Greetings,

I have reserved a date for having a Fedora 17 test day for OpenStack.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2012-03-08_OpenStack_Test_Day

For anyone who is interested in OpenStack, I could use some help getting
test cases in shape between now and the test day.  Things to look at
include:

1) Updating existing test cases as appropriate for changes essex.  There
may be other general improvements that could be made.  One example would
be trying to be more consistent about which tools are used in the test
cases.  Right now sometimes openstack utilities are used, and other
times euca2ools are used to do things through the EC2 API.

2) Adding new test cases.  I think we should at least have test cases
that hit everything we are proposing as a Fedora 17 feature.  The
existing test cases only hit nova and glance, so there's a lot of work
that could be done to include the other components.

A feature page has been started for OpenStack Essex in Fedora 17 which
you can find here.  It's still a work in progress.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/OpenStack_Essex

Thanks,

--
Russell Bryant