P2P Packaging/Koji Cloud

Denis Arnaud denis.arnaud_fedora at m4x.org
Thu Dec 22 18:21:59 UTC 2011

Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 00:16:31 +0100
> From: Florian La Roche <Florian.LaRoche at gmx.net>
>
> Doing a generic "koji.example.com" image would allow anyone to start rpm
> builds and probably many could use this who now object to the many config
> steps that koji requires. I am often setting up koji within different
> environments to rebuild a few rpms, but haven't setup such a generic image
> yet.

Yes, having an image which we can deploy in a VM of a mere server, or even
to a cloud, would be already very good. We would have to address the
storage of the generated RPMs (i.e., the repositories), and the ability to
share/serve the build logs.

By the way, it may make sense for RedHat to set up OpenShift in such a way
as to also allow RPM building.