Rename of deltacloud aggregator

Chris Lalancette clalance at redhat.com
Mon Jan 17 14:07:52 UTC 2011

On 01/16/11 - 11:23:51AM, Peter Robinson wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 6:26 PM, Chris Lalancette <clalance at redhat.com> wrote:
> > All,
> >     A few months ago we transferred the deltacloud API and core over to the
> > apache foundation.  Along with that we have also transferred the name
> > "deltacloud" to apache (at least in spirit, I don't know what the legal
> > situation is).
> >     To reduce confusion between the API and what is currently called the
> > deltacloud aggregator, and to give a new home to the sub-projects that the
> > aggregator depends on, we are launching the http://www.aeolusproject.org
> > website.  Aeolus is the Greek god of wind, so we think it fits in nicely with
> > the cloud theme.  The aggregator will be formally renamed to
> > "Aeolus Conductor", and several of the subprojects that the Conductor depends
> > on will be added to the website.  The old deltacloud git repositories will be
> > marked read-only, and new development will happen in the aeolus repositories.
> > Additionally, http://deltacloud.org will be modified to redirect to the
> > apache incubator page.
> >    We plan on making the changes to the mailing lists, git repositories, and
> > website on Monday, Jan 17.  The code inside the git repositories will probably
> > continue to use the old names for a little while longer, but we will patch them
> > as quickly as possible.
> >    As usual, any questions, comments, or criticisms are welcome.
>
> Is there any packages already in Fedora that will need to be renamed
> as a result of this?

There shouldn't be.  Due to our long chain of dependencies (along with some
not-yet-upstream code), we have not yet packaged Aeolus Conductor (nee
Deltacloud Aggregator) for Fedora.  Given the Fedora timeline, it is
unlikely that we will make it in for F-15, but it is our goal to get the thing
pacakged and included in F-16.

Thanks,
--
Chris Lalancette