F15 EC2 Test Day Rescheduling

Jay Greguske jgregusk at redhat.com
Wed Jul 27 21:12:26 UTC 2011

On 07/27/2011 04:50 PM, Tim Flink wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Jul 2011 13:08:48 -0500
> "Justin M. Forbes" <jforbes at redhat.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 10:26:37AM -0600, Tim Flink wrote:
>>> At the QA meeting on Monday, it was decided to delay the EC2 test
>>> day that we were planning to hold on Tuesday until new AMIs from
>>> koji were available.
>>> Has there been any progress on this? Are there any thoughts on when
>>> to schedule the test day? The first F16 test day is on 2011-07-28
>>> and it would be nice to get the F15 test day done before then but
>>> that's not an absolute requirement.
>> We are still waiting to hear back from release engineering, hopefully
>> updates will flow through the ticket with them:
>> https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/4808
> How long do we want to wait for the koji produced AMIs? I thought that
> there was talk of just using the BG AMIs for F15 and the koji produced
> AMIs should be ready for F16.
> I ask because QA would like to get the F15 EC2 test day done before the
> F16 test days start picking up. We would like to get the announcement
> (with AMI ids) out by 8/1 and have the test day done by 8/4.
> Is this going to be possible? If it isn't, how long do we want to wait
> before giving up on the idea of a F15 EC2 test day and just start with
> F16?
> Tim

I'm not Fedora Rel-Eng but I have been working with Dennis to use
Koji-born AMIs. Koji builds the images fine, we're stuck at uploading
and registering them as EBS-backed AMIs currently.

Optimistically I'm hoping to have something delivered by the end of the
week, but I included Dennis so he can weigh in too; I don't know what
his workload looks like these days.

- Jay

More information about the cloud mailing list