BoxGrinder Build 0.9.3 released!

Marek Goldmann mgoldman at redhat.com
Wed Jun 29 08:58:03 UTC 2011

Hi all!

I'm happy to announce that yesterday we released BoxGrinder Build 0.9.3. Full blog post highlighting the release you can find below:

	http://boxgrinder.org/blog/2011/06/28/boxgrinder-0-9-3-released/

Features worth mentioning:

* Full EC2 region support - you can now build and deliver EBS backed AMIs to every region.
* Additionally new Tokio region was added.
* Great improvements in reliability for the EBS delivery plug-in
* You can build Scientific Linux appliances

sl-jeos.appl:

name: sl-jeos
os:
  name: sl
  version: 6

boxgrinder-build sl-jeos.appl -p ec2 -d ami

(uh, can it be easier?)

* Overwrite support for S3 and EBS appliances

boxgrinder-build my-appliance.appl -p ec2 -d ami --delivery-config overwrite:true

* New validation mechanism where the plugin validation is executed for all plugins in chain before the build.

Additionally we created new meta appliances (version 1.6) for you in every EC2 region (as well as downloadable ones). Give it a try and build your appliances easily!

	http://boxgrinder.org/download/boxgrinder-build-meta-appliance/

Thanks!

--Marek