[Fedora-spins] Spins issue

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Fri Mar 4 14:51:48 UTC 2011

On Tue, 1 Mar 2011 11:20:52 -0500, "Jared K. Smith"
<jsmith at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> I've got to admit that I never saw the EC2 images as being a spin per
> se, but that's certainly a discussion we can have going forward.  As I
> re-read through the Spins guidelines, it's still not clear to me how
> this would even qualify as a spin -- it's really a different animal
> than our traditional spins.

If by 'traditional spins' you are referring to optical live media, sure I
understand how it's a different animal.

However, I fail to see how the EC2 spin is different from the currently
included AOS spin. Should you have included the AOS spin in the
consideration causing you to label the EC2 image a different animal, I'm
interested in what exactly you consider different about it.

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

-- Jeroen