Spins issue

Garrett Holmstrom gholms at fedoraproject.org
Mon Mar 7 21:30:22 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 5:47 AM, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> As I was going through some email this morning I saw that the Spins
> SIG is concerned that the Cloud SIG hasn't followed the Spins process
> to get their "ec2" labeled Spin included in the spins-kickstart
> collection in git:
>
> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/spins/2011-March/001734.html
>
> If the Cloud group needs to see this Spin included in the F15 release,
> then my recommendation is to start talking with the Spins SIG about
> the process.  I believe there's a deadline that's passed, although you
> can request an exception and still make it into the release.
>
> To the Spins SIG, I would also recommend keeping lines of
> communication open if something goes wrong.  A Cc: to the cloud@ list,
> for example, would help raise the issue to more people in a way that
> would help reach a solution faster.

At today's Spins SIG meeting the EC2 image came into question again.
Whether it is a true spin or not, they would still like to see it go
through the parts of the spin process [1] that are applicable to it so
we can at least get on their radar and start figuring out what is and
is not important to do.  In particular, they asked for a wiki page
that is marked as ready for the spins wrangler some time this week.
Any thoughts?  Volunteers?

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Spins_Process