Easy entry-level packaging: python-netifaces

David Nalley david at gnsa.us
Sat May 21 03:15:09 UTC 2011

Hi folks:

We've talked about increasing the packager base of the Cloud SIG and I
have what appears to be a relatively easy python package
(python-netifaces). What's more, it's needed for the current release
of openstack-swift, so it's blocking our update of that package. If
you'd like to dig your heels and start working on this package, please
announce your intention here. I'll take care of sponsoring you and
helping you to get things going if you want to do the work. If no one
steps up over the next few days, I'll probably package it myself, but
I figure it's a relatively simple way to get started in packaging if
you aren't a packager already.

(yes, I know, I should have brought this up in the meeting today, but
I am just now getting a bit of time to work on some of the packages I
maintain, and just discovered this dependency.)

Link: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/netifaces/0.5

--David