Attention Cloud SIG pals: YOUR FEATURES WANTED

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu May 26 20:29:28 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 10:14:24PM -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
> Hi crew,
>
> So you probably heard that Fedora 15 is out. Woo!
>
> And that means one thing: I'll be asking everyone endlessly for MOAR
> FEATURES IN FEDORA 16.

So I bounced this along to a few big, internal-to-Red Hat lists that
have cloud engineering-types on them.

Those of you here who are @redhat.com, please:

* Help your fellow Red Hatters know how important, useful, and easy
  the feature process is.

* Help us make sure that no feature is missed - some engineers won't
  see the value and want to just get packages put in, so we may need
  to file and track the feature for them (worst case.) If you know of
  any of those cases, let at least Robyn and I know so we can help.

For all of us here, I am working to get more Red Hatters to join the
Cloud SIG, which includes coming here for help in packaging and so
forth. In addition, the Cloud SIG is a natural community for anyone
who is looking to participate in one of the existing or new Red Hat
Cloud upstreams. While I hope many of those upstreams get direct
contributors, I think the first path for many participants will be
through Fedora, 'yum install', and this group for support and
camaraderie.

Thanks - Karsten
team:   Red Hat Community Architecture & Leadership
uri:             http://communityleadershipteam.org
                        http://TheOpenSourceWay.org