OpenStack maint team

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Mon Nov 14 06:59:35 UTC 2011

Hey,

On Sun, 2011-11-13 at 21:20 +0100, Alan Pevec wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 10:33 AM, Mark McLoughlin <markmc at redhat.com> wrote:
> >> Note that they've changed version schema on _stable_
> >> https://review.openstack.org/#change,1359
> >> so I'll have to add Epoch
> >
> > Hmm, why is Epoch needed? We're already using version == 2011.3 in F-16,
> > isn't that the scheme they've switched to?
>
> I didn't find other upstream discussions about it, but looking at
> comments in the above gerrit change, it looks like version is now
> 0.9.1 or did I misunderstood?

Gah, confusion!

It looks like ttx suggested 0.9.1 because he thought diablo keystone had
been versioned as 0.9. But actually, setup.py had 1.0, the
keystone.version() method returns 0.9 and git was tagged with 2011.3.

I used 2011.3 as the version in Fedora after raising the issue of
versioning upstream:

   http://www.mail-archive.com/openstack@lists.launchpad.net/msg04946.html

I've just suggested upstream use 2011.3.1 as the versioning scheme for
stable branch releases.

Cheers,
Mark.