Swift traceback on Rawhide F17

Pete Zaitcev zaitcev at redhat.com
Thu Nov 17 05:00:16 UTC 2011

On Wed, 16 Nov 2011 15:07:18 +0000
Mark McLoughlin <markmc at redhat.com> wrote:

> > LookupError: Entry point 'tempauth' not found in egg 'swift' (dir: /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages; protocols: paste.filter_factory, paste.filter_app_factory; entry_points: )
>
> This is with 1.4.3? Is it David's packaging?
>
>   http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/cloud/2011-November/000937.html

Unfortunately, no, I use the 1.4.0 that came with Rawhide.
I'd love to use 1.4.3, if only I knew how to find the SRPM.
Looks like it's not anywhere at Koji.

> This looks like PasteDeploy is failing to find the tempauth filter
> factory from the egg:swift#tempauth URL
>
> Is tempauth in the egg's entry_points.txt file?

No, it's not. It came from the examples on the Openstack site. Both SAIO
and Multinode pull it by including things like this:

[pipeline:main]
pipeline = healthcheck cache tempauth proxy-server

[filter:tempauth]
use = egg:swift#tempauth
user_admin_admin = admin .admin .reseller_admin
user_test_tester = testing .admin
user_test2_tester2 = testing2 .admin
user_test_tester3 = testing3

I'm trying to create a normal account now. Hopefuly it would get rid
of tempauth. If anyone have monkey-see-monkey-do instructions, it
would be appreciated.

-- Pete